Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sticks & Stones

Actually more like the monkey bars. Trent broke his arm today.

He was at his cousin Trevor's baseball game with my Mother-in-law & Father-in-law. I didn't get the whole story until later but apparently he was reaching for the next rung on the monkey bars and slipped. My Mother-in-law called and I told them to head towards Akron Children's, I would meet them there with Callie & Ava.

Trent was very upset when they arrived and said he just wanted to go home. After calming him down and getting the x-rays done, we were told there was no break/fracture. I found this remarkable considering he couldn't even lift his arm. His arm was put in a sling for comfort, I signed all the appropriate paperwork, and we were headed out the door when I was flagged down by the ER doctor. The doctor felt something wasn't right and second guessing himself had the x-rays sent to the radiologist on call. Within five minutes two ER doctors returned and told me they had missed the fracture above his elbow. So they called the Orthopedic doctor on call and he put a temporary splint on his arm until the Orthopedic doctor can set it in a cast next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment